Wednesday | 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Training Room, Paradise Kids Building
Presented By: Deirdre Hanna, Elle Flynn, Terry Ayling, Jean Nixon and Vikki Strickland.
Offered: 2019 - TBA
Duration: 1 Day Workshop
Active Volunteers: Free*
Inclusions: Course Materials
This one-day workshop is open to all health care professionals and volunteers wanting to work in a palliative care setting. The aim is to provide understanding, awareness and skills related to living and dying, and how to best provide support, encouragement and care to someone who is dying or bereaved. This training has an emphasis on personal development through gaining knowledge, skills and attitudes that assist in providing care for those who are dealing with the end stage of life. Palliative care takes into account the various domains of human functioning, including the physical, the emotional, the spiritual, the mental, the moral, the social and the aesthetic.
- Hospice and Palliative Care Principles, Needs, and History
- Philosophy, Concepts, Components and Standards for Palliative Care
- Integral Approach to Palliative Care
- Dealing with Grief and Loss, Death and Dying
- Spiritual Dimensions and Spiritual Distress
For more information:
Phone: (07) 5625 1900
Please download the Palliative Care Holistic Workshop Registration Form complete and return along with your payment details to secure your place. Please Note: Payments will not be deducted until the actual month of the workshop.
Fax: (07) 5563 3139
Hopewell Education Services - Palliative Care Holistic Workshop
PO Box 1290, Runaway Bay QLD 4216
88 Allied Drive, Arundel QLD 4214
* Active Volunteers: an active volunteer has to have completed all other volunteer training and wishes to commence volunteering in a position that requires the training. Has actively been volunteering at Hopewell for a period of 3 months or more.